For the past eight months, the Bradenton Kiwanis Club has awarded one member per month a check in the amount of $2,000 to $3,000 to donate to the charitable organization of their choice. The requirements were that the organization must be a 501(c)(3) and it must meet the mission of Kiwanis.
Each time a member participated in a luncheon meeting (via Zoom or in-person), volunteered for a service project, or participated in a committee meeting, they earned one entry into the drawing.
This resulted in the following donations:
- $2,000 to The Manatee Performing Arts Center – given by Sharon Barhorst
- $2,000 to Manatee County Rural Health – given by Janene Amick
- $2,000 to Manatee County Habitat for Humanity – given by Barbara Duncan
- $2,000 to Easter Seals of Southwest Florida – given by Kent Jimison
- $3,000 to The Salvation Army – given by Kelly French
- $3,000 to The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee – given by Ann Marie Welty
- $3,000 to The Police Athletic League – given by Karen Carpenter
There will be one final drawing for the month of September.
About Bradenton Kiwanis
Since 1922, Bradenton Kiwanis has built a reputation for seeking out what needs to be done to help the children in our community and working together to make each project a reality. Our members are community leaders who proudly believe our organization offers the absolute best opportunity to get engaged in the community and make a positive difference.
Bradenton Kiwanis meets every Tuesday at Kiwanis Hall (2nd floor of the Manatee Players – 502 3rd. Avenue West, 2nd Floor Bradenton, FL, 34205) from 12:15 to 1:15 pm. Guest are always welcome.
The club is currently accepting new members. For more information, visit BradentonKiwanis.org or contact sharonb.bradentonkiwanis@